A UK Student Visa is an endorsement on a student’s passport
that authorizes their educational journey to study in the United Kingdom.
According to the country’s government, students must be 16 or older to begin
their higher education.
Obtaining a UK Student Visa from Nigeria, in particular for
Nigerian students, is as simple as a free consultation regarding university
entrance till scholarship guidance is discussed in detail to secure the visa
without any constraints.
Furthermore, the UK authorities give Nigerian students a comprehensive list of required documents, complete their online application
to UK-VI, schedule an appointment to submit their documents, and contact UK Visa and Immigration on their behalf.
How Much is UK Student Visa Fee in Nigeria?
UK Student Visa Types
students interested in pursuing various academic programs and courses.
The first type of visa is for higher education study
programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctorate.
The second type of visa is the Child Student Visa, which
allows kids to study at independent schools in the United Kingdom.
The third option is the Short-term Study Visa, which lasts
six to eleven months.
How Much is UK Student Visa Fee in Nigeria
equivalent to Naira 252,705.66 in Nigerian money.
The Child Student Visa charge in the United Kingdom is $485,
which is equivalent to Naira 252,705.66.
The Short-term Study Visa charge in the United Kingdom is
$259, which is equivalent to Naira 134,950.03.
UK Student Visa Requirements
- To obtain a UK Student Visa, students must first obtain an
offer letter of acceptance (also known as Confirmation of Acceptance for
Studies (CAS)) from their education institution.
- Enough money to support yourself and your studies for the
duration of your education.
- Can communicate, read, write, and understand English without
- If you are 16 or 17, you must provide proof of parental
What documents are required for a UK Student Visa?
- A valid passport.
- Your education provider’s Confirmation of Acceptance for
- Bank statements, scholarships, and bursaries are examples of
proof of sufficient funds.
- If your degree requires it, a valid Academic Technology
Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate.
- You must show proof of parental or legal guardian approval
if you are under the age of 18.
- You must show your parent or legal guardian documentation
proving your relationship if you are under the age of 18.
- Test results for tuberculosis.
- a letter of approval from your sponsor, who is responsible
for covering your living and educational costs.
Financial Requirements for a UK Student Visa
- To obtain a UK Student Visa, students must demonstrate that
they have sufficient funds in their bank account to cover their living
- If they want to live in London, they will pay Euro 1334
every month for nine months.
- If they want to live outside of London, they will pay Euro
1023 every month for nine months.
UK Student Visa Process
International students must get a UK Student Visa if they
decide to pursue their studies in the UK. Students should start the application
process for a student visa at least six months before the start of their
course, once they have chosen where they will study.
The process has the following steps:
- Students begin the process by applying to a UK institution
for their selected course.
- Wait for the education provider to send you a confirmation
letter of admission, known as a Confirmation of Admission for Studies (CAS) in
- Apply for your UK Student Visa online or in person once you
have received your CAS.
- If you choose to apply online, go to the UK’s Immigration
and Visa website.
- If you’d rather apply in person, fill out the UK Student
Visa application form at the UK Embassy or Consulate in your nation.
- Pay the UK Student Visa application cost after completing
the form. (The application fee is detailed in the fees section).
- Prepare all of your documentation.
- A current passport.
- Transcripts of academic work.
- If Academic Transcripts are not in English, they must be
translated and returned with the original. (a) The translator should indicate
that the translation is an exact translation of the original. (b) The contact
information for the translator or translation company. (c) The date of the
- Personal bank statements or bank letters, official loan
letters, or official financial sponsorship letters are acceptable forms of
proof of finances.
- If the government is the sponsor, a consent letter is
- If the funds are in their parents’ names, they must obtain
permission from their parents to utilize them.
- If the funds are in the name of the parents, students must
give confirmation of their relationship with their parents. Birth and adoption
certificates are both accepted.
- If students are under the age of 18, they must obtain
permission from their parents or guardians to study in the UK.
- Score the English Language Proficiency Test certificate.
- Results of Tuberculosis Testing
- Biometric Test ATAS Certificate Police Registration
- Finally, attend the Visa interview at the UK Embassy or
Consulate in your native country to obtain your visa.
UK Student Visa Processing Time
It takes three weeks for the UK Embassy to process your UK
Student Visa application.
What is the UK Student Visa Fee in Nigeria?
The fee for a UK student visa in Nigeria is Naira
What is the cost of a student visa in the United Kingdom?
A student visa application from outside the UK costs £363.
£490 to extend or switch to a Student visa from within the United Kingdom.
How many hours can you work on a student visa UK?
groups, with a weekly maximum of 20 hours. It is impossible to average 20 hours across a longer length of time. The Home Office defines a ‘week’
as a period of seven days commencing on Monday. This applies to both paid and
What happens if you work more than 20 hours per week while
on a student visa in the UK?
If you work more than 20 hours in a single week, you will be
in violation of your visa, which may prevent you from acquiring a new visa or
completing your studies in the future.